Thursday, May 22, 2014

7 months


This has been a big month for Hannah. She has learned so many new things that it's hard to keep track.
She weighs around 19 pounds and is 27 and a half inches long. She is in 9/12 month clothes and size 3 diapers.

The biggest thing that's happened this month is that Hannah officially became a crawler. She's still not exactly coordinated, but she gets around pretty quickly and I can't take my eye off her for a second. Somehow she already knows exactly what she's not supposed to get into, so of course that's what she makes a beeline for.


Hannah's favorite thing to do is feed herself finger foods. There are some days where the only time she's happy is when she's in her high chair eating! She's gotten pretty good at it and probably gets 90% of the food in her mouth. I've had to figure out more things to feed her since she isn't crazy about purées anymore. Her favorite things to feed herself are peas, watermelon, spiral pasta, small pieces of turkey, yogurt melts, and steamed carrots. She also got her first tooth this week.


Her favorite toy is still the jumperoo. She'll jump for 30 minutes straight and them cry when I take her out. I'm actually making her take a break from it for awhile because she jumped so much she got a big blister on one toe, and wore off the skin on another toe and made it bleed. She's hardcore! 


We've always called Hannah our little Houdini baby because she could break out of the tightest swaddles when she was a tiny baby. She's living up to her nick name-- last night I heard her laughing on the monitor. I went in there and picked her up, and she was naked! She somehow managed to take her pajamas off without unbuttoning them. A couple of weeks ago she pulled off the crib toy that was securely strapped to the slats. I have no idea how she can do these things.


She really is developing a sense of humor and loves to make mommy and daddy laugh. A couple of weeks ago I was sitting with my feet propped up while she was playing on the floor. I was reading a magazine and wasn't keeping a super close eye on her...all of the sudden I felt something tickling my feet! I looked down and she was underneath my chair, tickling my feet! She thought it was hilarious and laughed so hard.

She's starting to go through some separation anxiety. She doesn't mind when I leave her with someone else, but if I'm in the house and I'm not right there with her, she screams bloody murder. Other than that, she really is such a happy, easy going baby. Her sleep schedule is getting a tad better; she'll usually take 2-3 decent naps and gets up once or twice at night. She still has nights where she'll get up 5+ times, but those nights are happening less often. 

Here are some favorite pics from this month.













No comments: