Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Six months

I wish I could freeze time with Hannah at this age. She is such a happy, fun baby and already has a sense of humor. I am loving every moment with this precious girl. 
We went to the doctor this month and Hannah is perfectly healthy. I can't believe she hasn't even had a cold yet! She is in the 75th percentile for weight, and the 90th for height. Big baby! She is in mostly 9 month clothes, with some 6 and 12 depending on the brand. She is in size 3 diapers, but we're going to switch to 4's soon since they're getting tight around those chunky thighs. Size 1 shoes are still too big for her...go figure! I have all these cute shoes that she can't wear because they are huge on her. Hoping her feet catch up with the rest of her soon. 

Hannah is doing really well with eating solids. She eats dinner with us every day and will usually eat 3-4 cubes of puréed fruits and veggies. Some days she eats breakfast too. She has had oatmeal, strawberry yogurt, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, peas, carrots, green beans, apples, pears, peaches, and mangoes. She has also snacked on cereal puffs and yogurt melts. 

About the only thing she refuses to eat are the green beans. 


We are enjoying the nice weather here lately. We took Hannah for her first trip to the park. She loved swinging and watching all the other kids play. 


She is doing a really good job sitting up now, and spends most of her time sitting up to play. I still have to stay close by because she still falls over every now and then. 


Hannah is definitely a talker. These days there's hardly a moment of silence in our house, and I love it. She goes through phases where she gets stuck on sounds. For awhile she was giving Mariah Carey a run for her money and making all these crazy high pitched sounds. Lately she's been practicing her chewbacca impression with lots of gurgling noises. 


Unfortunately we're still having major sleep problems. I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel when for several nights in a row, she only woke up once. But lately she just rolls around in her crib so much and gets stuck in the weirdest positions and it wakes her up. I've been so paranoid because she has decided she likes to sleep on her tummy with her face straight down into the mattress.


Every single day she is growing and changing so much. I wish so badly there were a pause button!

















No comments: