Tuesday, March 18, 2014

5 months

This has been such a busy month for Hannah. All of the sudden she is able to do so many new things. It seems like every day she learns a new "trick."

She keeps gaining and gaining! I thought it would slow down but it definitely hasn't. She has moved up to size 3 diapers, and is wearing 6-9 month clothes. There are so many outfits she barely got to wear! But we are so thankful for our healthy, growing girl.  Here are some thing's she's been up to this month:

Rode in the cart at the store for the first time. She loved it and smiled at everyone she saw.

We had Hannah's baby dedication at church on March 2nd. It was so neat to be able to publicly commit to raising her in the church and have the support of our friends and family in the audience. Lane's parents came and stayed with us and we had do much fun having them here.


We've tried a few more solids but are just doing it every now and then; not on a schedule yet. So far her favorites are pears and sweet potatoes. She will tolerate oatmeal, apples, and carrots; but HATES green beans.  She loves to grab the spoon out of your hand and try to feed herself and gets SO mad when I try to move her hand out of the way.


I haven't noticed any teeth yet, but she's definitely working on some. I got her a sophie the giraffe teething toy and she loves it. Sophie goes everywhere with us now.

For weeks I've been trying to teach her to sit up and she would just fall over. All of the sudden she just figured it out and can sit for a minute or two on her own. She could stay up longer, but gets distracted and falls over when she reaches for a toy.

We took a few family pictures together. She wouldn't smile, but I still love having pics of our family of 3.



Here are some things I want to remember about Hannah this month:

-she is STILL not sleeping. On a good night I'm up 2-3 times with her. On a bad night, it's in the double digits. I've learned to survive on a few hours of broken sleep. She takes 3-4 naps a day ranging from 20-45 minutes.
-whenever I go in her room to get her and she sees me from the crib, she starts panting like a puppy dog and kicking her legs as fast as she can, then she laughs. Makes it hard to be upset about my lack of sleep!
-she has gotten really interested in the dogs lately. She's always trying to pet them and grab them. She's gotten licked in the face a few times and isn't so sure about that.
-she is getting even more vocal and has a huge repertoire of sounds. Lately her favorite thing is to blow raspberries and get spit all over me.
-she loves playing pat-a-cake. Even if she's so upset and screaming, if I start doing it she'll stop and give the biggest smile.
-she has mastered the game of peek-a-boo. I can cover her face with a cloth and say "where's Hannah?!" And she'll pull it off herself and laugh. She'll even pull it off of my face when I say "where's mama?"

We are loving life with our sweet baby and are looking forward to spring!






No comments: