Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Life on bed rest

I'm on day 5 of bed rest, and hopefully have a lot more to go before I have this baby. Hopefully I can make it to about 37 weeks. That seems like a million years from now.

It's definitely a huge change being forced to lay down all day. It was fun at first, being able to watch movies and read all day and have people bring me food. But now I'm getting to the point where I'd give anything just to be able to walk around the yard or clean up the house. My doctor says I have to be totally reclined for as much of the day as possible. I even eat my meals laying down with a tray.  

This has been really hard on me emotionally, as well. About a hundred times a day I alternate between crying/worrying that we're going to have more complications; and then being upbeat and optimistic that everything will be fine. I'm still just trying to remind myself to be thankful for every day I can keep this baby inside. 

We finally got the nursery started and it makes me so happy to just stop and stare at it when I'm on the way to the bathroom.  Still a lot of work and decorating to do, but it looks like lane will have to be in charge of that.  Tomorrow I will be 26 weeks. Just keep praying that Hannah stays put and keeps growing!

No comments: