Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Yay summer!

Summer is finally here and it's been so nice to relax a little. It was harder than I thought it'd be to say bye to all my students and coworkers. But now that I'm on my second week of no work, it all seems like a distant memory.

I went to the high risk doc in Shreveport yesterday and got a great report. He said everything looked perfect. The echogenic bowel they found last time still showed up on the ultrasound, but it looks to be improving and since all the tests they ran were negative, the doctor seems confident that it is nothing to worry about. Lane got to go with me and was just in awe the whole time. He had seen her on ultrasound before, but now that she's bigger and more active, you can actually tell what you're looking at. She kept opening and closing her mouth. It was so cute!  She is measuring right on track and is 1 pound 7 ounces. The only thing that worried me a bit is that the doctor said he wants me to deliver by 38 weeks. He said a lot of lupus related complications can crop up in those last few weeks. I'll talk with my regular OB and see what she thinks. I also have to go back to him every three weeks and see my regular OB every week. Yikes.

It's been so fun to start decorating and planning. We haven't painted the nursery yet, but we put the crib up and have started on a few projects. Here are some pics of my life lately.

Lane putting the crib together


I made these bows and bow holder and think they are SO cute!


Finished the valance for the window. These are the fabrics we'll be using in the nursery.


12 weeks and 23 weeks.  I haven't gained much weight, but that belly sure is getting big!

Hannah's first book. We couldn't resist buying it!






No comments: